In a bowl, combine Monastery Creamed Honey, hot water, vinegar, figs and cloves. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, sauté the shallots in oil over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are softened. Add the honey-fig mixture. Bring to a simmer; add the herbs and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, purée in a blender or food processor until smooth. Simmer the glaze to thicken, put it atop the Virginia Country Ham, and serve as a side sauce if desired.
- 1/3 cup – Monastery Creamed Honey
- 2/3 cup – very hot water
- 1/4 cup – balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup – dried figs, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon – ground cloves
- 1/2 cup – shallots, diced
- 3 Tablespoons – olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon – fresh rosemary or marjoram, chopped (or 1 tsp. dry)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
We would like to thank honey.com for sharing this recipe.